Sofia Data Center is a two-floor colocation facility with a total area of 660 sq.m. and very well managed capacity. The floor height is 3,50 m. plus 50 cm. raised floor and floor point loading up to 3kN (300 kg). The colocation center has two meet-me-rooms, two independent incoming cable lines for external connections to each MMR and two independent routes for communication cables coming from MMR to the clients equipment.
Sofia Data Center is part of the largest Internet exchange points in Europe - DE-CIX in Frankfurt, Equinix in Paris, LINX in London, AMS-IX in Amsterdam and Ronix and Interlan in Bucharest. The company has direct connectivity to all neighboring countries and reaches Georgia and Armenia via Black Sea and Asia and Africa via the submarine cable systems SEA-ME-WE 3 and MedNautilus.
Fire Alarm system in Sofia Data Center is type VESDA® (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) which offers the earliest possible warning of potential fire. It is one of the most modern systems and technologies for fire suppression and detection, incorporating a high degree of fire protection.
Fire extinguishing system uses FM200® gas mixture, which in case of problem isolates the fire with no impact on the surrounding area.
The building is seismic protected, projected to withstand earthquakes of a magnitude 9 in MSK scale.
Built in Free Cooling Air Conditioning System in the data center, which uses less power and lower ambient air temperature. The system introduces greater quantities of fresh air which also improves the air quality. This enables the system to lower precision cooling system energy usage from 30% in the summer up to 50% in the cooler fall and winter months.
Sofia Data Center has 24-hour security, computer access control, video surveillance and individual locks for each drawer. All systems at SDC - power supply and the following parameters - electric switchboard, UPS and air-conditioning system are under constant monitoring.
Sofia Data Center is served by two independent sources of electric power supply with the ability to absorb 100% of the loading. The facility has 1+1 electric generators, switching automatically to each other and two fully independent А UPS (N+1) and В UPS (N+1) systems.
- Main international Point-of-Presence in Frankfurt, Germany
- Presence at the largest Internet exchange points in Europe - DE-CIX in Frankfurt, Equinix in Paris, LINX in London, AMS-IX in Amsterdam and Ronix and Interlan in Bucharest.
- Direct cross-border interconnections to Romania, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece and Turkey and reaches Georgia and Armenia via fiber optic cable across the Black Sea.
- There is a node in Rouse with three submarine cables to Giurgiu and three independent routes to the mainland. We reach the main communication centers in Europe via three independent routes from Giurgiu, too.
- Connection to both Turkey and Greece in Kapitan Andreevo and to submarine cable systems MEDNautilus and SEE-ME-WE-3 to Asia and Africa.
Our hardware nodes contains nothing but the best hardware in the industry, such as:
- Best in class Supermicro chassis
- Dual high-end class Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.40 GHz processors
- 256GB DDR4 load-reduced memory (LRDIMM)
- Business class Intel P3600 NVMe SSD disks
- Redundant platinum power supplies